Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Now Blooming - Dendrobium revolutum

Dendrobium revolutum is a species orchid.
Can be found here in Malaysia up to Thailand and Cambodia.
Long long time ago, I found our first plant up in Bintulu.
On that day, I was travelling in a car with fellow colleagues along the Miri-Bintulu Road when I noticed an orchid plant on the roadside terrace.
I remembered it was a hot hot day.
Stopped the car, got down and climb up the terrace to find this little wild orchid.
How fun was that to discover this little wild orchid like that.

Was so happy with my find.
Unfortunately that particular plant died few years ago.

This one here is another plant that DH found.
The color of the flower is lighter than the one I found.
Beautiful nevertheless and it flowers continuously.

Dendrobium revolutum @OrchidBliss
 
Dendrobium revolutum at @OrchidBliss

Dendrobium revolutum at @OrchidBliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thank you!